Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Trouble with Trouble

I am back from an emotional few days in Portland for the memorial of the lovely young Ruby Gray and am pondering what  -if anything - to write about that.  But I need to do a bit of processing first to see if I want to/should write about it.  Suffice to say that the loss of anyone young is tragic, but it's particularly acute when someone like Ruby is just blossoming out of the gawkiness of adolescence into the maturity and potential of a fired up young adult.  And clearly the 2000-some people at her memorial felt similarly.


In the meantime, I thought I would go ahead and do a quick cross-post to a column I did recently for Ascent Backcountry Journal (I of course love the fact that a ski magazine is called "Ascent!")   It's sort of the latest installment of my infatuation with the concept of why and how we make decisions, only this time it's how we deal with other people's decisions.  Brother Paul came up with the story name:  The Trouble with Trouble (is that it starts out as fun!) though one that I thought of initially and then forgot was "Third Guessing".   I'd copy and paste it here, but in the efforts of promoting a great rag and driving a bit of traffic to it I'll just include the link to Ascent's website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment